Lack of interest Please Let Us Create A Password During Facebook Sign-Up

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DRE

I normally sign up to Xenforo sites through Facebook but then I go through periods where I deactivate my Facebook. I think Facebook sign in should let us add a password during Facebook sign up because it's kind of annoying to realize you can't log back in a forum since you deactivated your Facebook and now you gotta go through the process of retrieving your password and they might have issues with their email system at the time and it ends up taking forever to get your password reset. Might as well let us set one up from the get go right?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Honestly, I think the case for this is too much of an edge case to inconvenience everyone who ever signs up to a XenForo forum via Facebook with another form field (that 99% of users will never need if they continue to use Facebook to log in). When you sign up to a forum using Facebook, go and set a password in your Account Details. It kinda defeats the point of the simplified registration process that Facebook login offers.

Honestly, I think the case for this is too much of an edge case to inconvenience everyone who ever signs up to a XenForo forum via Facebook with another form field (that 99% of users will never need if they continue to use Facebook to log in). When you sign up to a forum using Facebook, go and set a password in your Account Details. It kinda defeats the point of the simplified registration process that Facebook login offers.
No I mean as an option not a requirement.

Top Bottom