Please Help: Interested in Moving Audioholics.com forum to Xenforo

Greetings;

I am the owner of Audioholics.com. We have an active forum community with over 57k members, with over 75k threads and 850k posts.

We are currently using VBulletin 3.8.4 with VBSEO, but are experiencing loading issues that we can't resolve. I was thinking about moving to Vbulletin 4.0 but heard it has many issues.

Xenforo looks like a great option but I have many concerns:
  • Is there anyone from Xenforo that we can hire to install and move us from Vbulletin to Xenoforo?
  • Would be be able to beta test before going live?
  • Will page redirects be handled properly?
  • Can you guarantee successful importation of all our users, account info and posts/threads?
  • Does Xenforo do SEO automatically to optimize urls and indexing on the search engines?
  • We've done some customization of avatars, logos and embedded 120 x 50 banners top of site on every page. Can this also be done on Xenforo?
Please check out our forum at:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/

I can be reached at: info@audioholics.com

Looking forward to the possibility of moving away from Vbulletin to this potentially great new software option. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Gene DellaSala
President, Audioholics.com

Some of us will even do the install and update for free or walk you through it step by step if you wish, so that you may learn.

I would never expect someone to do this work for us for free. At the very minimum, I'd be willing to trade services for audio equipment. Can you please point me to an approved XenForo admin or installer?

I would never expect someone to do this work for us for free. At the very minimum, I'd be willing to trade services for audio equipment. Can you please point me to an approved XenForo admin or installer?
There are no 'official' XF service providers nor formal XF approved service providers. You can purchase an XF installation as part of your license (http://xenforo.com/purchase) but that wouldn't include the conversion from vB nor any other customizations. People offering their services are not associated to XF. You can find several 3rd party service providers in the forums who offer installation, conversion, & customization services.

Whoa .. popular site !
Currently Active Users: 2394 (112 members and 2282 guests)
Most users ever online was 12,108, 04-15-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Threads: 75,310, Posts: 856,248, Members: 57,442

SchmitzIT would be good for the forum migration.
Jake Bunce would be good (more expensive).

Server tweaking: Slavik ? TheVisitors ?

Get migrated first I guess.

I can do your import for you. I am good with imports and I know vB really well. I have done large imports for several people. The vB importer is very thorough and I can setup redirects for the old URLs.

Because your forum is very large and because you want to do a test run, it would be easiest if you gave me a FTP login so I can setup a test environment directly on your server rather than having to copy all of that data back and forth. I can do a test import directly from the live database. I have done it before. Send me a PM if you want to work out the details.

but are experiencing loading issues that we can't resolve.

XenForo should help in that regard. Large forums always report decreased load after the conversion. XenForo is also more scalable in some respects. The use of InnoDB tables and ElasticSearch ($50 addon) really help with scalability on larger forums.

I'd also be able and happy to help you out :)

We do installations, imports, styles and other XenForo related tasks. Have a peek at the first link in my signature to see our rates, and at the same time see the feedback our customers left for us :)

Oh man I need some speakers. I have a 350Z and my previous car's rear speakers won't fit. I'll do anything you want for some 12's that will fit.

Edit oh wait nvm I just see other people replied. pffft.

*saves up money for speakers the hard way

Top Bottom