Implemented Please disable autocompletion in a quick thread title

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Its quite weird that the XF quick thread displays a complete overview of all previous titles. I have a drop down with a mass of titles.

Will other people see my thread titles ?
When they use the browser ?
Creepy.

Considering it is not helpful, it should be removed.

Recurring news/annoucement threads like happy new year/merry christmas/maintenance etc. in about 70 forums :)

I stand corrected.

This feature is helpful to 1 person who likes to spam, but just on 2 days a year - in December.

other users using the same browser on same user account would see the same autosuggest content. similar to how they would see your usernames on login id text fields on any web service. or even your credit card info if you save it in your browser.

i assume this can be disabled in browser. chrome seems to have the option here chrome://settings/autofill?search=autofill

Have some Xenforo Fun.

1502316586650.webp

Cycle through all the letters of the alphabet to see what threads you have posted lately.

Here are my "Starts with i" threads.

I stand corrected.

This feature is helpful to 1 person who likes to spam, but just on 2 days a year - in December.
Not only for me, but also for my colleagues suppporting our 70 forums :)

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's nice to have and that there are use cases for it, but it's not a sohwstopper either if it is removed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom