Please add an option to Follow / Unfollow nodes

gib

You can follow / unfollow members, but you can't follow / unfollow forum nodes.

A forum node about politics or about silly humour may not be everyones cup of tea, but it would be useful if users could choose which nodes to follow or unfollow,

It would be great to have forum node permissions that allowed usergroups to follow / unfollow individual nodes and their associated content.

I know there are plugins to unfollow nodes, but it would be wonderful to have both a follow and unfollow option built into the base software.
Please give this an upvote if you would find it useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 11
I also want this. Also I want an admin setting to set certain nodes to ignore by default, so they have to UNignore to see (for things like politics, sensitive topics, etc.). This would mean they would somehow need to see what they are ignoring easily.

However I was told this can accomplish it.

You can follow / unfollow members, but you can't follow / unfollow forum nodes.

A forum node about politics or about silly humour may not be everyones cup of tea, but it would be useful if users could choose which nodes to follow or unfollow,

It would be great to have forum node permissions that allowed usergroups to follow / unfollow individual nodes and their associated content.

I know there are plugins to do this, but it would be wonderful to have it built into the base software.
Agreed.

I also want this. Also I want an admin setting to set certain nodes to ignore by default, so they have to UNignore to see (for things like politics, sensitive topics, etc.). This would mean they would somehow need to see what they are ignoring easily.

I have tried the custom fields option, it does work, but it's too clunky to use IMHO , as the tickboxes are hidden away in the members profile, rather than being visible on the node itself.
There is also a lag until the cron / cache updates run, therefore users might think their selection isn't taking effect.

I like this one better

I like this one better
Why?

It is $15 cheaper... But I think the other one allows you to ignore more and they don't show up in What's New or Latest Activity like your suggestion.

Navigate through the images. Your ignored forums are a navigation menu choice and setup like a node list. Also I like that the author is ThemeHouse, quality, and bound to be around awhile.

It is $15 cheaper... But I think the other one allows you to ignore more and they don't show up in What's New or Latest Activity like your suggestion.
But XF does not have this at all hence the suggestion, the forum category you are in. ;)

Last edited:
Right. I prefer core functions because authors often drop off the map, or, you change to a different add-on and lose the data. ;)

I have tried the custom fields option, it does work, but it's too clunky to use IMHO , as the tickboxes are hidden away in the members profile, rather than being visible on the node itself.
There is also a lag until the cron / cache updates run, therefore users might think their selection isn't taking effect.

User Group promotions?
User Group = Registered Users - can/cannot view the node(s), cannot/can view its threads, cannot view post content.
User Group = Sensitive Topics - can view the nodes|threads|posts. Automatically upgraded into this user group after xx days/posts/likes, etc.

User Group promotions?
User Group = Registered Users - can/cannot view the node(s), cannot/can view its threads, cannot view post content.
User Group = Sensitive Topics - can view the nodes|threads|posts. Automatically upgraded into this user group after xx days/posts/likes, etc.
No

Top Bottom