Not planned Players that have blocked you.

Bandicoot

Hi,
My name is Bandicoot, and I'm from MT-Gaming. I recently came up with a suggestion about having a page where you would be able to see any player that has blocked you. I'm quite new to this forum though, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, or doing something else wrong.

Basically, I'm suggesting this since a lot of people would want to see who blocked them, mainly just to know who they should 'avoid' I guess, or at least know that that person doesn't like them/their attitude/their content etc. Etc.
I also believe it would allow easier moderation for admins/moderators and such to be able to see if people are deliberately using alternative accounts in order to contact a player who has blocked them. I'm not too sure if this is how it works, but I'm guessing admins would have access to these also.

Anyway, that about sums it up.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not really. It's just so that people know who are having a laugh with them, who actually doesn't like them or their type of content. It is something that I think would please people as it would allow them to know who their actual friends are.

Not really. It's just so that people know who are having a laugh with them, who actually doesn't like them or they're type of content. It is something that I think would please people as it would allow them to know who their actual friends are.

You're either

• Still very young
  • Extremely naïve
  • Or simply don't know how the internet works
Either that or you're too used to Facebook.
Trust us, within closed communities like forums, what you're asking for is a bad idea for the reasons you've already been given.

That's not how ignoring works for most people. It's not for 'having a laugh', it's because someone finds another user annoying, they have had arguments with another user, they have had abuse from another user. Ignoring allows a user to escape all of this. Having users see who has blocked them will only lead to some people who have been blocked causing more trouble on the forums. As an admin and forum owner that's not something I want, nor do other admins and forum owners.

If any one of them, I may be naive, but with the community I'm in, it would be useful to know who have us blocked and such so we'd know that they're someone who we shouldn't associate within any further due to them most likely having a good reason to block you, which are reasons I previously mentioned.
I know there are some aspects of this suggestion that may be disadvantageous but it could at least be an option so that other forums may be able to take this on and see how it goes.

Last edited:
That's not how ignoring works for most people. It's not for 'having a laugh', it's because someone finds another user annoying, they have had arguments with another user, they have had abuse from another user. Ignoring allows a user to escape all of this. Having users see who has blocked them will only lead to some people who have been blocked causing more trouble on the forums. As an admin and forum owner that's not something I want, nor do other admins and forum owners.

That is why the rule at the bottom of the OP is in place in our community. A lot of people find out who has blocked them anyway over a certain amount of time because it shows in the comments of a post (Shows two of the most recent comments instead of three if a blocked member has commented on the post) so it wouldn't hurt to have this.

If any one of them, I may be naive, bit with the community I'm in, it would be useful to know who have us blocked and such so we'd know that they're someone who we shouldn't associate within any further due to them most likely having a good reason to block you, which are reasons I previously mentioned.
I know there are some aspects of this suggestion that may be disadvantageous but it could at least be an option so that other forums may be able to take this on and see how it goes.

To be honest, it's not something that will likely ever be included within any core software, and is best left to an add-on/custom development.

Ignoring is intentionally one sided. It is explicitly designed to not inform the other side of the action. I generally can't see anything good coming from a page or something saying "hey, X doesn't want to see what you write". If this is important to a forum you run, it might be more fitting to get it custom developed to your needs.

Top Bottom