Plans on Porting Shoutboxes to XenForo?

I already use live irc chat for "shoutbox", if users want to discuss things, I invite them to make a thread. I can live without shoutbox.

irc ftw!

:P the speed of the chat depends on your server, it is AJAX and fully configurable.

It will be optimized for XF also, it's possible the first version will just be a direct port so people have a shoutbox to run with off the bat, but certainly after that it would be tailored to XF - all of our products (lite and pro) get updated several times a year.

As Floris pointed out, some people prefer IRC to a shoutbox, though it can be difficult/impossible getting the same level of integration.

Our shoutbox has a number of features to add to a members posting experience rather than detract (notifications of replies to threads in the box amongst other things)

xD I feel this is getting slightly off topic though, so to drag it back - there will 100% without a doubt be at least one fully featured shoutbox on XF, and if another 2 or 3 don't pop up in the months after released i will be extremely surprised =)

:p the speed of the chat depends on your server, it is AJAX and fully configurable.
Thanks Decado, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
If it's instant then it will definitely be something I'll be interested in.

Can you briefly explain the main differences between the free and paid versions?

Sure, if this is an inappropriate discussion etc mods i do apologise and please feel free to move/delete or whatever.

Basically the pro version gives you options to detach the shoutbox, more detailed control over where instances of the shoutbox appear (e.g per forum), it gives users their own options panel to customise the shoutbox for them rather than having to use the admin defined options... things like that.

Full list of Lite vs Pro features is here

A good 80% or so of the features are Lite =)

Obviously some of it may be subject to changed based on how XF works, but that should give you an idea of what the differences are like.

:p the speed of the chat depends on your server, it is AJAX and fully configurable.

It will be optimized for XF also, it's possible the first version will just be a direct port so people have a shoutbox to run with off the bat, but certainly after that it would be tailored to XF - all of our products (lite and pro) get updated several times a year.

As Floris pointed out, some people prefer IRC to a shoutbox, though it can be difficult/impossible getting the same level of integration.

Our shoutbox has a number of features to add to a members posting experience rather than detract (notifications of replies to threads in the box amongst other things)

xD I feel this is getting slightly off topic though, so to drag it back - there will 100% without a doubt be at least one fully featured shoutbox on XF, and if another 2 or 3 don't pop up in the months after released i will be extremely surprised =)
Will there be a lite side column shoutbox ;)

Top Bottom