Planning to Purchase Xenforo...A few quick questions

J@ck

I'm planning on purchasing and starting my own forum here in the next few weeks,. I am familiar with Xenforo as a user but not on admin level so I'm tinkering with the demo version now. This however will be my first time buying a domain and server so I had a few quick questions that I would appreciate if anyone could answer

1. I plan on the board receving realtively good traffic from the get go as I have a subset of users I expect to switch over from another forum......maybe a 100-200 in the first week. And I plan the traffic to hopefully get in the thousands before the year is over. what are my best server options that are cost effective at first but allow me to upgrade?

2. is go daddy.com the go to place for domains?

3. Do I need to purchase all the add on's at the main "buy" page to get all the services of some of the biggest fully functioning xenforo forums?

4. How much money should i expect to put down at once to get the forum up and running?

appreciate the help in advance

I'm planning on purchasing and starting my own forum here in the next few weeks,. I am familiar with Xenforo as a user but not on admin level so I'm tinkering with the demo version now. This however will be my first time buying a domain and server so I had a few quick questions that I would appreciate if anyone could answer

1. I plan on the board receving realtively good traffic from the get go as I have a subset of users I expect to switch over from another forum......maybe a 100-200 in the first week. And I plan the traffic to hopefully get in the thousands before the year is over. what are my best server options that are cost effective at first but allow me to upgrade? Most servers should suit you fine. You may wish to go with a VPS to remove the need to upgrade at a later point. Hostigation is good for VPS's.

2. is go daddy.com the go to place for domains? It's your choice. I use Hostigation for most of my newer domains, and a plethora of different providers for my older ones.

3. Do I need to purchase all the add on's at the main "buy" page to get all the services of some of the biggest fully functioning xenforo forums? Nope. You can purchase what you want, and you can purchase them after your main XenForo purchase if you wish.

4. How much money should i expect to put down at once to get the forum up and running? It really depends on hosting and & add-on costs. XF Liam cost $200 + $9.95/yr + $15/mo for me (XF + Resource Manager, domain per year & my VPS).

appreciate the help in advance

Liam

Top Bottom