1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Placing Ad in between first and second post without being in the first post?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TheXboxCloud, Nov 22, 2015.

1. TheXboxCloud

TheXboxCloud Active Member

Is there any way I can place my adsense ads directly in between the first and second post without the ad being in the first post?

I noticed several of @Brogan's threads regarding this but none of my findings actually told how to place it in between the first and second post. Only inside the first post.

This would help me out a lot of anyone has some tips. I was able to do this with vBulletin 5 because of a help thread I came across.

Appreciate it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

Is there a write-up on how to make it appear as if the ads are being posted by a bot user account?

4. Brogan

That specific example does exactly that.

upload_2015-11-23_10-14-58.png

5. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

Great, thanks! Can an avatar be assigned?

6. Brogan

7. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

Looking at the code now...
    Code:
    <xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" img="true" />
    What does this need to be replaced with? Do I need to first manually create an ad bot user account? And then "$visitor" becomes... ?

8. TheXboxCloud

TheXboxCloud Active Member

I saved this info to browse later which I finally got to it today since it wasn't so direct.

I can say that I don't see anywhere on this tutorial how to place the ad in between post #1 and post #2 without a bot. Please elaborate on this. It's very important to me.

Or point out where in the tutorial it explains how to do this.

Thanks @Brogan.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The ad_message_below template code has code to do it already (see the xen:if near the start).