1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Place passwords on post

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Edward', Jan 31, 2011.

1. Edward'

Edward' New Member

Hi, I have a suggestion: You can set passwords in the post. It would not be for everyone, would in some cases.

It is a good option in other types of forums is included.

2. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Why would you need this when you could use a personal conversation and invite multiple people?

3. Edward'

Edward' New Member

This would serve to cases RPG forums. Here's an example:

A forum with a roll of Anime, where there is a post that only post those that have a character. Then he put password to post and gives to members who are entering the roll.

The talks are good, but my suggestion would serve to make something similar but that a post in the forum.

It is something that is used in various Spanish forums. And in view would be more public but can only enter with the password.

PS: I hope you understand my English.

4. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Exactly -- it would be really useful in games, too.

Edward' likes this.
  5. gib

gib Active Member

6. Edward'

Edward' New Member

Yes, but only as required for the post. And password may be set by the moderators of the section where you find the post.

7. gib

gib Active Member

moderators can set a password on posts and/or a forum

8. Edward'

Edward' New Member

I do not understand, is now available?

9. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It's an interesting suggestion. Could this be done also using the user IDs ? where placing their id's in that specific field grants them access to that post/thread.

309 likes this.