Add-on Place ads at top of specific forums

trman

New XenForo user here.

I am looking for an ad manager that will allow placement of ads at the top of specific forums. I sell "forum sponsorships" and the sponsor has an ad banner and a message at the top of the forum they sponsor.

For example see my existing Vbulletin Forum (that I will be converting to XenForo) here:

http://appraisersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178

You can see the "appraisal education" forum has a sponsor and message. That was done with a Vbulletin ad in called "forum sponsors". This ad only appears at the top of this forum and does not appear in the posts and threads of the forum or anywhere else.

Or if no add on is available how could I accomplish that via conditionals?

New XenForo user here.

I am looking for an ad manager that will allow placement of ads at the top of specific forums. I sell "forum sponsorships" and the sponsor has an ad banner and a message at the top of the forum they sponsor.

For example see my existing Vbulletin Forum (that I will be converting to XenForo) here:

http://appraisersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178

You can see the "appraisal education" forum has a sponsor and message. That was done with a Vbulletin ad in called "forum sponsors". This ad only appears at the top of this forum and does not appear in the posts and threads of the forum or anywhere else.

Or if no add on is available how could I accomplish that via conditionals?

You can also use our Ad Server addon that fully supports what you have requested and much more (statistics, user banners, visual choice of locations etc.)

Thank you!

You can use a node id conditional statement - see the link in my signature.

Thanks Brogan, I was able to do it except I can not figure out to do the following:

How to have an ad appear at the "ad above top breadcrumb" section on all pages EXCEPT on the forum view pages of specified forums. I do want the add to appear on all the messages pages of those specified forums, just not on the forum view page.

How to have an ad appear at the "ad above top breadcrumb" section on all pages EXCEPT on the forum view pages of specified forums. I do want the add to appear on all the messages pages of those specified forums, just not on the forum view page.
If I understand you correctly, you want to have a select number of pages which are ad-free ... try this...
Try
Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} != x">
<!-- Your Ad Code -->
</xen:if>
What this does is output <!-- Your Ad Code --> everywhere but in {$forum.node_id} X. :) Happy developing!

Top Bottom