Pixelexit or themehouse

which is best?

• Pixelexit

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Themehouse

Votes: 20 21.5%

• Total voters
First off thanks for reading my thread, I am wanting to get a custom style made for my xenforo website and was recommended both themehouse (theehouse.com) and pixelexit (pixelexit.com). Just wanting to know if anyone has used or had any experience for these too company's before and which I should choose to commition my project. If you think there is a better company please also specify. Thanks again
I use Pixelexit themes and have found that Russ's and Steve's themes are awesome, easy to use and Russ's customer service is lightening fast. However due to that fact they are so busy and in demand I have yet been able to get a customized theme done. On the other hand, I recently purchased a Themehouse style and on their new website can't find where I purchased a theme, my license info, etc. Seems like Themehouse is a bit pricey too, JMO.

I use Pixelexit themes and have found that Russ's and Steve's themes are awesome, easy to use and Russ's customer service is lightening fast. However due to that fact they are so busy and in demand I have yet been able to get a customized theme done. On the other hand, I recently purchased a Themehouse style and on their new website can't find where I purchased a theme, my license info, etc. Seems like Themehouse is a bit pricey too, JMO.

I am having a custom theme being made currently, so far so good. @Russ is amazing with support and so far theme is also awesome. I'll post a link to the website when it's done, won't disappoint.

I like them both. I think pixel exit have better support, and they roll out updates quickly. Themehouse has taken months between rolling out needed theme updates, and as we all know, usually with any new release, there are more issues.

It is always best IMHO that fixes are rolled out quickly, then if any new issues arise, they can quickly be fixed and rolled out too. I'm looking at a new theme house style at present, testing it, but it is far from ready for users. Cool features are wonderful, but they're usually the must susceptible to problems, which is whats happening.

Regardless who you choose... expect theme issues. I would agree that pixel exit are better with performance. I have to do a bit of manual tweaking to theme house designs for performance before rolling them out to my users. Whilst it is wonderful to think HTTP/2 removes all these additional file calls... around 10% of the web are actually utilising it. Not a viable model yet. Maybe when 70% of the web are using it.

i have both

plus- the pixel exit looks the best and works the best from the user perspective . themes are engagement focused

minus- the admin cp options are ...."primitive" the style properties are horribly set up and unorganized

plus - theme house is easier to work with in the admin much more options and better organized things are where you would think they should be crisp and clean.

minus - front end user interface is clunky and too large, fonts are blurry and the styles are "too soft" look in feel so much that you can tell when your on an audentio site in about 10 seconds when using it. themes do not take user engaugement into consideration

Last edited:
Both have good reputations but only Russ & Steve deliver that something extra. Customer service cannot be beat.

There's a reason people say "theme house" but pixelexit customers say "Russ & Steve."

If you are a first time xenforo customer, PixelExit & forget it.

the style properties are redundant and the |\-_-\ symbols and such just look bad

for example the Header and Navigation style property is redundant

took me 30 mins to find logo block css to try to edit the logo block and its not where you think it would be, not to mention it wasnt even this property that i needed it was "content logo block css" ill ask you to try to find that style property and it may be in the 4-5 place you check

i love the frame work and the style i only mentioned the negitives to keep this fair , audentio admin cp is better

the style properties are redundant and the |\-_-\ symbols and such just look bad

for example the Header and Navigation style property is redundant

took me 30 mins to find logo block css to try to edit the logo block and its not where you think it would be, not to mention it wasnt even this property that i needed it was "content logo block css" ill ask you to try to find that style property and it may be in the 4-5 place you check

We're always open to suggestions, but one thing to note is that there are a ton of style properties in XenBase. If we stuck all of XenBase's features inside the default properties it could create a rather large mess. Regarding the logoBlock CSS it's not even a default style property it's just apart of XenBase to easily style that area. If you were on a default style you would be looking forever for that as it doesn't exist :D.

The symbols are far simpler than you may be making them out to be:

Screenshot_12.webp

They're not just random symbols, it's simply a main category with sub-sections you could call them. We prefix our properties with [XB] to distinguish them from the default properties.

Any who... if there are specific suggestions though I'm all ears.

As for all the kind comments in the thread, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Just my opinion I've dealt with both as well for me I like the way Pixel Exit style properties are set up for me it's a bit more self explanatory than the way themehouse has their style properties set up. Pixel Exit breaks down the way it's a bit more in to sub categories and sub sub categories.

Last edited:
Over the moon with the result from @Russ

Here is the end (we'll sort of hehe) result of the style for those interested.

http://www.starforcemc.com/index.php

Love the logo!
I referred him to: TotallyDrawn, he does fantastic work and specializes in the type of header we were shooting for.

@Russ designed my whole site, shop and forum :) He did an amazing job i would highly recommend hiring pixelexit

https://tinyurl.com/kxevcbn

Always a pleasure (y)

Top Bottom