Pixelexit or themehouse

which is best?

• Pixelexit

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Themehouse

Votes: 20 21.5%

• Total voters

lowryo

First off thanks for reading my thread, I am wanting to get a custom style made for my xenforo website and was recommended both themehouse (theehouse.com) and pixelexit (pixelexit.com). Just wanting to know if anyone has used or had any experience for these too company's before and which I should choose to commition my project. If you think there is a better company please also specify. Thanks again

I have a custom Theme House "Audentio" style on one of my sites and after paying a good chunk of money for it it's very buggy and unstable they have tried to fix it numerous times and it still has bugs be very cautious with them. The Pixel Exit style I have is very stable @Russ and @Steve F go above and beyond to help fix issues when one pops up.

Last edited:
I have not had a good support experience with Themehouse (though in regard to addons, not themes.

Both make great styles and both frameworks are easy to use and customize.

I've done highly customised edits on my own site which uses an Audentio/Themehouse style and done extensive work for others that use PixelExit styles - I'd say PixelExit ones are a little easier to modify. I can't comment on support as I've never needed support from either.

There's other thread about this which might give more insight into what others think - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/audentio-vs-pixelexit.121767/

I have had custom themes made from both and have never had an issue with either company. I used Russ a few years ago on a site and loved the theme. I'm currently using a custom theme from ThemeHouse based off of an unreleased theme and love it and have had no issues at all. It's gonna come down to who you think will do a better job based on your needs and price budget. You can't go wrong with either.

Both make great styles and both frameworks are easy to use and customize.

I've done highly customised edits on my own site which uses an Audentio/Themehouse style and done extensive work for others that use PixelExit styles - I'd say PixelExit ones are a little easier to modify. I can't comment on support as I've never needed support from either.

There's other thread about this which might give more insight into what others think - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/audentio-vs-pixelexit.121767/
Gemma your site is just amazing.

Hi all,

Our support has not been the best I agree. Its something we commit to fixing many months ago when we completely rewrote our ticket system. We get notifications immediately now, we won't miss any as there are flags and checks for this, and we are finally going to be able to offer the support our customers deserve.

I want everyone to know we are sincere in our efforts, its really a huge undertaking to build and maintain the products that we have. Add-on developers are leaving left and right, and we just want to keep XenForo strong and of course we are running a business. We want to have success as well.

If anyone ever has a concern with any add-on, just let us know, we want to help and will go as far as is necessary to make it work for you. We always have done that, its just hard to get that message across with thousands of threads to watch. We do the best we can and anyone who has any suggestions we're all ears!

With our new website complete I am happy to move forward. If you would like us to help with an add-on, discuss moving forward with us, or anything always feel free to PC me or contact me. We love XenForo, it has helped us grow into a full digital agency, and we want to do whatever we can to see everyone's XenForo projects succeed. I'm not sure what else I can say or do, but Im here and all ears!

Thank you all!

I'm a big fan of Audentio/ThemeHouse and also PixelExit.

I can't give you guys a certain answer or vote haha. I'm pretty nostalgic of Audentio for their quality builds and phenominal support.

I see PixelExit being a pioneer in trying something new all the time where as ThemeHouse is always setting the new standard then pushing the limits.

I own over 25 licenses of addons and themes with ThemeHouse now. However with PixelExit I own 2 themes.

You can't always get a designer/vendor to suit your needs. Customers need to learn how to communicate especially more with the designers/developers before and after the project. Take the time to review each quote, portfolio, customer's feedback, testimonials, and other sections of each designers.

Best of luck to OP. Happy New Years.

Hi all,

Our support has not been the best I agree. Its something we commit to fixing many months ago when we completely rewrote our ticket system. We get notifications immediately now, we won't miss any as there are flags and checks for this, and we are finally going to be able to offer the support our customers deserve.

I want everyone to know we are sincere in our efforts, its really a huge undertaking to build and maintain the products that we have. Add-on developers are leaving left and right, and we just want to keep XenForo strong and of course we are running a business. We want to have success as well.

If anyone ever has a concern with any add-on, just let us know, we want to help and will go as far as is necessary to make it work for you. We always have done that, its just hard to get that message across with thousands of threads to watch. We do the best we can and anyone who has any suggestions we're all ears!

With our new website complete I am happy to move forward. If you would like us to help with an add-on, discuss moving forward with us, or anything always feel free to PC me or contact me. We love XenForo, it has helped us grow into a full digital agency, and we want to do whatever we can to see everyone's XenForo projects succeed. I'm not sure what else I can say or do, but Im here and all ears!

Thank you all!

Mike I'm very puzzled by why ThemeHouse / Audentio would release an add on like AD Donate that would need another add on to make it work i.e. bd paygates which was no where in the add on discription I got told that after I bought it when I had to submit a ticket.

Hello Ernest, thank you for the mention!

- Dominic

Not a problem. Usually I am a PixelExit or ThemeHouse guy but the couple of sites I have seen your work on look amazing. If I could afford it I'd talk to you about doing an extra custom theme for my site but got to many bills to pay off and still paying off my current custom theme.

PE is a no brainier! @Russ and @Steve are always there for you day or night. I even had a styling question on Christmas weekend and Steve had me fixed within 20 minutes! On the other hand, Audentio, Theme House, whatever name they are now.. I have never been treated in my life the way I was by them as a paying customer, their delays, sarcasm and down right rude belittling is unacceptable as a customer. The real difference is Audentio makes excuse after excuse.. Pixel Exit makes it right. Even in this very thread the owner of Audentio blames support or lack of support on their old outdated website.. Why would you trust a company with your site if they can't even keep there own site up to par.

PE is a no brainier! @Russ and @Steve are always there for you day or night. I even had a styling question on Christmas weekend and Steve had me fixed within 20 minutes! On the other hand, Audentio, Theme House, whatever name they are now.. I have never been treated in my life the way I was by them as a paying customer, their delays, sarcasm and down right rude belittling is unacceptable as a customer. The real difference is Audentio makes excuse after excuse.. Pixel Exit makes it right. Even in this very thread the owner of Audentio blames support or lack of support on their old outdated website.. Why would you trust a company with your site if they can't even keep there own site up to par.
Preach on brotha

Top Bottom