pirated copy to legit copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz.to

i currently have a pirated xenforo copy and i am planning to buy a licensed one. is it hard to convert? my forum is <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also ensure every file is replaced ( remove everything from the file system) especially all addons removed and replaced with legal ones.
Ergo my comment about importing the DB into a new install. ;)
And yes, add-ons, especially paid ones, will need to be addressed also... as MANY of those that "pirate" the software and make it available to others tend to add some "special sauce" into the mix.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to hijack your good advice, just to add to it by mention the file system also
Yep... ANY file in a pirated copy is questionable. Ergo the need to do a fresh install (clean directory) from the official files (including add-ons, especially paid ones) and then import the existing DB. Generally that will also clean out any trash that the pirated copy can add into the DB.

Or you have enough money to buy a license and then don't plan to buy one, buy it now! Or you don't have enough money to buy one and then your post is useless unless you want to advertise your hacked forum...

No way. Surely it's spam. it's a crime to buy counterfeit products, and you also put at risk the safety of your unwitting users who register to your site. Then I wonder, what courage do you have to post such a thing, passing it off as normal.

Would be helpful if XenForo had like a watermark saying, for example: "This forum/community use hack licence and add-ons", when they discover an unlicensed community.

Would be helpful if XenForo had like a watermark saying, for example: "This forum/community use hack licence and add-ons", when they discover an unlicensed community.
Whilst a good idea in principle, people who share Warez would just remove the code that displays the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom