XF 1.5 Pictures showing as attachments

Rigo

Starting yesterday, pictures in the forums are now showing as a text that says "View attachment XXXX" Why is the picture now showing instead?

attachments.webp

This would usually only happen if the process we use to convert [ATTACH] tags to actual attachment and data records is not working, or if you don't have permission to view the attachment. I've been on your forum, and it doesn't appear to be a permission issue as I can view the attachments when I click the link.

Is this affecting all posts in the forum? What changes did you make before yesterday?

My initial suspicion is an add-on so it may be worth disabling all add-ons to see if that brings them back.

I see what is going on now. It seems that these posts are not showing the images once they are also added to the article add-on created by @wang
If I disable the add-on, the attachment links do not work and go to a "you don't have permissions error page". If it is enabled, you can click on the attachment link but it's just a link, not a picture showing as I wanted it.

It sounds like the add-on might be doing something to the attachment records when they are added to that add-on. For example, if it switches the attachment content_type and content_id to something else then it could cause this.

At this point it might be worth continuing the troubleshooting with the author of that add-on.

Now with all add-ons disabled, I click on the attachment link and it says I do not have permissions.

If all add ons are disabled and you still have the issue, then the problem might not be in the add ons. Otherwise the issues would have been solved once all add ons are disabled.

Not necessarily. See my post above.

It may be worth continuing the discussion in the add on thread rather than posting across two different threads.

Top Bottom