Physical Book vs E-Books

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Forsaken

I was just wondering about everyones preference in books, whether they prefer e-books, or whether they would prefer to have a physical copy.

I honestly prefer physical books, as they're more comfortable for me to read during long periods of time, and I lose focus less, and can keep track much easier then I could with an e-book. My home office is full of books (Technical ones, whereas my room has books for pleasure), and I tend to read them much more then my equally extensive collection of e-books.

I do have a large collection of e-books, and while I don't read them -as- much, I do read them often, mostly when I am traveling or I am out of town. I'll either read them on my netbook,  laptop (Yes, I have both :P), my phone, and possibly a tablet when I buy one (And no, I don't take these with me all at once, it usually depends on where I'm going, and how long I'll be gone). 

I honestly can say that i use both. But for the most part e-books. Thinking about getting an iPad just so i can read them better, and anywhere.

I honestly can say that i use both. But for the most part e-books. Thinking about getting an iPad just so i can read them better, and anywhere.

I'd probably wait for the Google Tablet; if an article I read was correct, it'll be produced by HTC, and it'll likely be as good, or better then the iPad.

I honestly am not impressed with the iPad, and I own one (Was a gift). 
You left of an option for both. I think both works fine although eBooks can hurt your eyes.

Point was a preference between them, because someone will always prefer one or the other in this instance due to different situations (Either bulk of a physical, or the aggravation of an e-book).

Nothing beats a real book. The smell, the cover, the texture of the paper, the nostalgie that comes with it. Who gave it to you, any author inscription, or part of a collection.
My moms the same way. About 90% of her collection are signed, and her house is full of book cases with each book sealed so that they don't get damaged.

It's the same with news. Of course I read Online-News ... but ... in the morning for breakfast I need the good old newspaper :D

Physical books everytime for me. There's nothing better than curling up on the sofa with a good book - turning those pages knowing that everytime you read, or reread that book the wear and tear show. Books for me are one of the most precious items I own - old copies, new copies, first editions, later editions ... every book matters.

Pleasure reading, I -have- to read a physical copy, otherwise it feels like its work to me.

I read to much stuff on the computer for me to relax when I do it, and reading an e-book is basically like a chore if I'm trying to do it for fun. If I'm attempting to learn from an e-book, its easier, but I would still prefer a physical copy. 

Definitely a physical book. If I ever have to read any online material of immense length, I'll print it out so that I can have a physical copy.

Has to be physical book, you can't snuggle into bed with your laptop, and text on the screen is far more likely to make my eyes tired and sore than on a page.

I personally prefer the good old-fashioned physical book over an eBook any day. Nothing beats laying in a hammock on a nice summer day, reading a fresh book for the first time. Besides, new books smell awesome. I'm somewhat old fashioned in this regard. That is not to say that I don't like eBooks, however. They also have their place in today's world.

From an environmental standpoint, I prefer eBooks.

A while back, I was looking at the iPad. I decided I wanted a true tablet, instead. It even floats in the water!
The thing with the iPad is... A netbook does just as well, and will have better battery life, and more then likely better specs. And they're similar in weight depending on the model you get.

If I do get a tablet, I'll be getting the Google Tablet, especially if HTC is doing the hardware (I've loved HTC for years, even with WinMo, and WinMo sucked).

Top Bottom