Phrases Search & replace

Alpha1

There are many reasons why an admin would want to change a specific term in XF. For example change conversations to PM. Or Blog to Diary. Media to Video. Pages to Encyclopedia. Etc. Etc.

If you want to globally change a term in the phrases system then this will require a lot of work. You will need to edit hundreds of phrases.
Doing a mass search replace in a language file will affect admicp phrases, phrase names and its also easy to wreck unrelated phrases that have the term included.

To resolve this I had an addon developed. its a life saver and I have used it on many occasions. It allows me to search for phrases that belong to a specific addon (with search parameters), review the results, and mass replace.
.webp
Next step:
.webp

In a few seconds I do the work that would have taken me many hours to complete.

I really think that such handy functionality would be good to include in the core.

Last edited:
Upvote 28
I agree, it is just complete madness that they did not include this in the XF2 core functionality. I was expecting search and replace phrases when I upgraded, but alas no.

Last edited:
Lazy if you ask me.
Nothing about XF2 is lazy. Its clear the XF team worked their ass off. There are hundreds of functions that I believe should be in core. And there are plenty of area's which seem unfinished to me. But we cant have it all. At least not yet. :D

Nothing about XF2 is lazy. Its clear the XF team worked their ass off. There are hundreds of functions that I believe should be in core. And there are plenty of area's which seem unfinished to me. But we cant have it all. At least not yet. :D

Fair point, but this should have been included.

Top Bottom