XF 1.5 Phrase editing

Hi,

Newbie calling. I have just installed a new XenForo board. My intended members (in the UK) are mostly in the older age groups and unfamiliar with web forums. I feel that many of them won't easily grasp the concept of a "thread". I want to change that word to "topic" throughout. I found the Phrase editor, made and saved the change. But it has not updated anywhere on the board. How can I make that happen? At one stage I saw a message "rebuilding templates" but I can't find where it came from or a link to make it do it again.

Many thanks for any help.

Martin.

I think there's more than one phrase using the word "thread" so the chances are the 1 phrase you've changed isn't showing? I believe phrase changes are fairly instantaneous. Make sure you've changed them in the language you're using.

I think there's more than one phrase using the word "thread" so the chances are the 1 phrase you've changed isn't showing? I believe phrase changes are fairly instantaneous. Make sure you've changed them in the language you're using.

Thanks James,

Yes, there are well over 100 phrases containing the word "thread" (and the filtered list won't show all of them). It will take me all day to edit them all.

Is there a way I can see all the phrases in a single file, so that I can do a global search and replace?

I was hoping phrases would be nested, so that changing the "thread" phrase would change in all of them. The Language Editor works that way on another board I use (UltraBB).

Maybe some javascript in the page onload event to change the words would be easier?

Thanks again.

Martin.

I don't believe there is a way in the interface to change it. I'm not sure if a direct database query could change them (then a forced language rebuild). Perhaps someone like @Jake Bunce would know more.

Top Bottom