Resource icon

phpbb3 redirection Script SEO URLs Apache & Nginx 2013-09-14

No permission to download

ReneHermi

ReneHermi submitted a new resource:

Redirection Script for phpbb 3.0 - Move from phpbb3 to XenForo and redirect the old thread and forum urls with a 301

Hi there,

use this script to redirect all your old SEO URLS from your phpb3 forum to your new XenForo installation. (Only working for posts, threads and forum links, not for member urls or any other sitelinks)

This script is orginally by by @Arty. I modified it to fit the needs for proper redirection of the paginated pages. The main problem is that XenForo uses 20 posts per page where phpbb 3 shows only 10. That means a phpbb Url like:...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you! My Pleasure:)

Maybe i change my avatar later when there should be people braking their screens due to punching it lol

Need some rewrite to use it for non html links. Can not be used out of the box.
If you really need it you can write me a pm and you can hire me for the needed modification.

How can I do to have the real redirection ?
That is redirection. What issue are you having? If you want the title in the URL, that would happen once the user can actually view the thread; otherwise, including the title is an information leakage.

In what way are they false? It's very difficult to give any recommendations if you're not forthcoming about what's wrong (and what you think should be happening instead).

First I want to thank you for posting this script.
I have tried it with xf 1.4.5 and it works great for the forums.

Like so.
myforum.com/this-is-the-forum-f62/this-is-the-topic-t3456.html
redirects to:
myforum.com/threads/this-is-the-topic.3456/

But should this be redirecting forums too?
Ex.
myforum.com/this-is-the-forum-f62/
does not redirect correctly! I expected it to go to:
myforum.com/forums/this-is-the-forum.62

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
No, the old imported site is no longer required.

The import scripts will automatically redirect any traffic intended for the site/links.

Yes, it remains active, but i recommend to disable the old forum after a while when google indexed all your new pages.

Top Bottom