XF 1.5 PHP Version 7.3 causing server errors, cannot log in to admin panel

Paradoxer

I am currently running Xenforo on what I believe is version 1.5.1. If I select PHP Version 7.3, it returns that there are server errors, and the forum is inaccessible. When a version below 7.3 is selected, things start to work properly again. Is this a known incompatibility?

A separate issue is that the administrator panel won't allow me to log in, even on PHP Version 7.0. I can access admin.php, however whenever I put in my name and password, it will act as though it is sending me to the dashboard for a few moments—with the input fields disappearing and the Xenforo logo shrinking and moving towards the top—but then everything will refresh and the page will go back to before I input the password.

Your xenforo version is outdated. You should upgrade to XF 1.5.23
I am running PHP 7.3 fine with xf 1.5.23. Read this:

Your xenforo version is outdated. You should upgrade to XF 1.5.23
I am running PHP 7.3 fine with xf 1.5.23. Read this:
The latest I have for my license is 1.5.14. I can't justify purchasing a new one because the forum is defunct, but I want to keep it around for legacy purposes, and to be able to access it properly as an admin.

I tried downloading the 1.5.14 update files and transferred them to the Xenforo root folder via FileZilla. However, when I try to install it now, I get a "web server is down" error 521 and 520. When I try to access the forums on the front-end, it's the same error. When I try admin.php, it gives me: "The site is currently waiting to be upgraded. Please complete the upgrade."

I can access the install page, which properly gives me the prompt: "Click the button below to begin the upgrade to 1.5.14." But mere moments after I start, it will give me an error and not complete.

I was able to complete the installation by reducing the PHP Version to 5.6, however that did not help me with the admin.php login issue. I still have the problem I described initially, even with PHP Version 5.6. Sometimes, if I try enough, it'll successfully log in to the first page, but if I try to navigate to anywhere else within the dashboard it will kick me back to the initial admin.php log in page.

I also still get the same error accessing the forums if I go to PHP version 7.3.

Top Bottom