• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PHP Info

Adam Howard

I find myself always going back to http://site.site/admin.php?tools/phpinfo for things here and there. I noticed that it was not in the ACP -> Tools navi anywhere I would always have to type it in manually. Yet a same edit can it be possible that we get it as a core feature to be located say "ACP -> Tool -> PHP Info" ?
I'm all for this. I don't think it would hurt to add it and I'm fairly sure a simple template edit could be made to include it.

Adam Howard

Its not a template edit. XenForo admin navigation items are stored within the database.
Yes, I know this.

But what I'm saying is it wouldn't be hard to add a button / link in the admin style and all it would have to do is point to:

admin.php?tools/phpinfo

This is what I meant by simply adding it.

NixFifty

Until then, you can do this:

1. Enable debug mode, enter AdminCP -> Development -> Admin Navigation -> Create Admin Navigation
  2. Enter the following values:

Code:
    Admin Navigation ID: phpInfo
    Title: PHP Info
    Link: tools/phpinfo
    Parent Navigation: Tools
    Display Order: 3000

Uncheck Hide this navigation when there are no viewable children
  3. Save and disable debug mode.

adwade

I remembered in the vBulletin AdminCP, there was a LINK for this function...
Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 3.05.41 PM.jpg

As such, I wondered how to accomplish something similar for XF and turned up this helpful page entitled: How can I view my php settings using a phpinfo page? Using that tutorial, I managed to figure it out.

Now to my surprise, after tripping across this discussion I discover it's apparently a (hidden) feature within the XF database. o_O