PHP Help Center Chat [Deleted]

Hello!

We recently started using this on a 1.2 xenforo installation, but were forced to stop, for two 'pretty big' reasons if you ask me.
  1. Other links now display an error for half a second when clicked "Unable to connect to server" or something like that - being caused by this plugin. REALLY annoying
  2. Old chat doesn't show up. (Not nearly as big as the #1 error though)
Thanks for your continued development on this add-on!
Though it would be great if you fixed this because we could use it on our website!

Thank you for your feedback. I am aware of the unable to connect to server error. I'll have a patch for that soon, along with a fix for stopping lightspeed and other server settings from caching the messages file resulting in a ton of requests back to back.

Old chat logs will be shown soon.

Thank you for your feedback. I am aware of the unable to connect to server error. I'll have a patch for that soon, along with a fix for stopping lightspeed and other server settings from caching the messages file resulting in a ton of requests back to back.

Old chat logs will be shown soon.
Wow.

Quite possibly the speediest reply I have ever gotten from an indie developer for an add-on.

I was looking for a different chat add-on (No taiga chat), but after seeing your reply I've decided to wait a bit.
I absolutely love your chat design compared to other chat designs, as well as the multiple room/chat room concept.

The only thing that'd be able to take it to the next level is creating something like a Google + or Facebook pop box thing which you can chat to other people from pretty much any page.. any where!
:D
Thank you for helping us continue development!

Probably not, conversations are more like threads in my opinion. Maybe though. The chat software already allows 1on1 chatting via a "PM" button, I might make those "rooms" be windows in the site footer like facebook does is what I meant.

Probably not, conversations are more like threads in my opinion. Maybe though. The chat software already allows 1on1 chatting via a "PM" button, I might make those "rooms" be windows in the site footer like facebook does is what I meant.
Any ideas for the 'styling' of the actual chat itself?
I personally prefer the 'bubble' styling for each message that is sent, than a no bubble thing that facebook has. (Google + uses the bubbles in the chat, and the bubbles I refer to are similar as to what you see on an iphone/android texting conversation.)

EDIT
Mind giving us an ETA on that "server failed to connect" error fix?

Any ideas for the 'styling' of the actual chat itself?
I personally prefer the 'bubble' styling for each message that is sent, than a no bubble thing that facebook has. (Google + uses the bubbles in the chat, and the bubbles I refer to are similar as to what you see on an iphone/android texting conversation.)

EDIT
Mind giving us an ETA on that "server failed to connect" error fix?

Hopefully tonight for the server failed thing, I'm not very good at designing but I can try to set some bubble stuff up.

I will through away my cometchat license instantly if you combine 1on1 chat and conversations.

How well does this addon work for high traffic big boards?
Oooo....
CometChat... just searched it up.
Seems interesting, but very, very, bloated. If it was simple like facebook chat or google+ chat, i'd be bought in an instant... but seriously? Apps to use with your chat? Lolwut, are they trying to detract away from the original site that developers have worked hard to make?

I will through away my cometchat license instantly if you combine 1on1 chat and conversations.

How well does this addon work for high traffic big boards?
I'm honestly not sure, I tested it with only one other person and 2 of my accounts on two browsers.

It seems to be related to limited bandwidth. There is no error. It just becomes unresponsive for some time. Not sure why.

Just wanted to let you guys know, it probably won't be tonight after all. Turned into a busy night. Sorry, tomorrow for sure, probably early evening.

xenforo: 1.1.5

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'phcchat_users_online' already exists
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in PHCchat/Install.php at line 34
  4. PHCchat_Install::Install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/website/domains/myweb.net/public_html/website/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom