XF 1.5 PHP 7 problem showing full size attachments

AndyB

In testing a new server I'm going to migrate to, I have a problem with full size attachments not showing, this is the error message I show when I click the image name in the attachment viewer while editing the post:

pic001.webp

This problem only occurs if I switch to ea-PHP70, ea-PHP55 and ea-PHP56 work fine. The new server has cPanel so I can quickly change the PHP version.

pic002.webp

My server error log in the Admin Control Panel shows many of these errors, here's an example:

pic003.webp

I used the xenforo_requirements.php test and it shows "Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.".

The new server has cPanel so I can quickly change the PHP version.
In Direct admin you can easily change php version of any of your users, domain or subdomains:
2016-11-20_18-34-09.webp
Just you need to install CustomBuild 2.0 plugin.

Recently I changes my server and also my php from 5.6 to 7. and everything is working fine.

Last edited:
Thank you ŽivaAkcija and Dadparvar, I realize there are many forums using PHP 7 without issue. Hopefully I can find the problem with my installation of PHP 7 as I would prefer to use PHP 7.

when you login in cpanel you are see server information option click it, then see what is server setup

oie_ru_K3ppz_Eel_XE.png

Do you have the image that's causing the error, or is it all images? That error is caused by iconv by the looks of a quick Google.

Liam

Hi Liam,

Yes all full size image attachments are broken. The only change I made was to enable iconv, so I it could very well be something to do with that.

Fixed it by installing ea_PHP71 in cPanel.

After installing ea_PHP71 I needed to install two additional extensions before I was able to view a thread, the extensions were these.

mysqli (php71-php-mysqlnd)
curl (php71-php-curl)

Last edited:
Top Bottom