Partial fix PHP 7.3.0 issues

dinhphucv

Affected version
As released of PHP 7.3.0, I install a fress XenForo 2.0.11 to test it the brand new php. No error occured during the installation, but after the installation, can't login to admincp. Forum index also occured error: Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
Then I upgrade a test forum with add-on xf2 porta from 7.2.12 to 7.3.0 every works fine.
But when i upgrade my test forum from 7.2.12 to 7.3.0, then install the xf2 porta add-on. Error occured (same as install fresh xenforo on 7.3.0) only on the homepage of xf2 porta add-on. The forum index works fine.
Forgot to mentions, all of my test works fine after downgrading back to php 7.2.13

Attachments

• php7.3.0.webp
    php7.3.0.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 65
XF 2.0.11 does not support PHP 7.3. We have a number of changes for this included in 2.0.12, which will be released in the near future.

Saying that, I was able to reproduce these issues on 2.0.12, but it looks like something very bizarre is happening. It seems like it's failing to properly parse the routes and permissions XML files. However, if I go to debug it and edit the files in totally unrelated ways (adding a comment), that seems to resolve it. This points to some sort of opcache issue, though the behavior isn't totally consistent with this...

What OS is your PHP 7.3 install running on?

XF 2.0.11 does not support PHP 7.3. We have a number of changes for this included in 2.0.12, which will be released in the near future.

Saying that, I was able to reproduce these issues on 2.0.12, but it looks like something very bizarre is happening. It seems like it's failing to properly parse the routes and permissions XML files. However, if I go to debug it and edit the files in totally unrelated ways (adding a comment), that seems to resolve it. This points to some sort of opcache issue, though the behavior isn't totally consistent with this...

What OS is your PHP 7.3 install running on?
Centos 7.6 1810

I've generally been unable to isolate the issue I ran into in a way that would be reportable to PHP, though I'll try again, as I feel very confident that this is a PHP 7.3 bug of some sort. I'm not clear on whether it's opcache related or XML/SimpleXML related. When the behavior was unexpected, I was able to determine that reading attributes from the SimpleXML element wouldn't read the correct values. (Specifically, I'd get the same value for permission_group_id as permission_id -- routes would've done the same thing too.) Editing the file that had these issues (in an unrelated way) would then resolve the issue. However, if I reset the opcache, the issue would return (with the edited code).

I have taken steps to attempt to resolve this, though I can't be certain there aren't other scenarios where this will appear.

Top Bottom