XF 1.5 PHP 7.1 upgrade created issues

For special reasons, it was needed to upgrade a site to 7.1. This caused a myriad of issues, most of which have been resolved.

The site was working very well until the 7.1 upgrade.

One issue that has plagued us is when a user uploads a photo, large in size, it fails to display, or create a thumbnail. It suggests the image has uploaded and reports in the attachment manager. In the post or reply, it will display but only as a link such as View attachment photo.jpg. Any smaller photo/picture will display the appropriate thumbnail and/or full sized photo. However something such as a 8mb 9000x9000 pixel photo refuses to cooperate.

I've edited appropriate PHP.ini settings such as:
memory_limit 256M
post_max_size 256M
upload_max_filesize 256M

I've upgraded Xenforo to the latest 1.5 version available.

The only attachment addons I'm using are:
Insert Attachment 1.6.
Convert Image (disabled for testing)
Convert Image All (disabled for testing)

If I edit the config.php and enter $config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 100000000; it gives me an error message when uploading an image.

Tried setting Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions to 10000x10000 to ensure a 9000 x 9000 should work.

tl;dr: Upgraded to PHP 7.1. Small pixel / large images upload fine, large pixel / large file files fail uploading.

If anyone has any ideas/thoughts, I'm all ears. I'll check back in the morning.

After much testing, I think this part is key to my issue:
> If I edit the config.php and enter $config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 100000000; it gives me an error message when uploading an image.

Any images falling under the base 20000000 work whereas anything over upload and I get a link.

Thinking there might be something to the size, I went down a factor of 10 and re-edited the config (putting the code back in).

$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 90000000;

However, upon doing so, I still get this:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

Top Bottom