Photopost import

CMGDevel

Hi,

I ran through a full vb import today, followed by imports of Albums and Photopost images. Everything seems to be working except for the photopost stuff. I can see the correct categories that correspond to what PP had, but can't seem to get any of the pictures to show up. I have rebuilt everything that I can I think. Just can't seem to get the pictures associated with categories. I get message "No media has been added yet. Add Media."

This is likely down to a permissions issue, then.

Make sure your user account has these permissions:

View media
View albums
View categories

If you don't see anything obviously wrong, then use the Analyze Permissions feature in the Admin CP. Enter your username and screenshot the output specifically of the various XenForo Media Gallery groups.

I will take a look into the permissions again but like I said in my last post it appears that everything in the xengallery_media is associated with vb attachments.

You edited it while I was typing my previous post. You originally said it wasn't clear if they were VB or Photopost.

It sounds like the Media step of the Photopost import wasn't successful. This would happen if it couldn't find the source files for Photopost for some reason. This might mean the path was entered wrong or otherwise wasn't accessible. It could also happen if the PhotoPost users don't exist in XenForo for some reason e.g. if the users were deleted.

Ok so is the import script looking for the photopost source .php files or are you saying it couldn't find the actual images in the /data directory (they appear to be there)? If I try the import again, will it mess up my xengallery tables?

It would be looking for the images in the data directory.

The Importer actually looks for the path as set in the Photopost database:

Code:
SELECT setting FROM pp_settings WHERE varname = 'datafull'
(where pp_ is your Photopost table prefix)

You should probably check what that is set to before running the process again.

If the files are in a different location, you should be able to override the default setting by opening up the file: library/XenGallery/Importer/PhotopostVb.php

And changing this line near the top:
PHP:
protected $_fileRoot;

To:
PHP:
protected $_fileRoot = 'full/path/on/server/to/photopost/data';
(Change the path accordingly).

Top Bottom