Photo contest

Photo contest [Paid] 1.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Photo contest - Allows creating photo contests.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows creating photo contests.

Photo contest where members submit their favorite picture is a great way to bring involvement to your forum. Members can then...

Read more about this resource...

So, I've been running photo contests in my forum for years, and this looks neat. So, if you give a negative reaction, is it applying the point value of the reaction to the score? Or is it just adding one point per reaction?

I guess I would need to give very implicit instructions, only one photo per post, to vote on a photo, pick a (positive?) reaction.

Hrm, so if you submit your photo early, you could technically get more votes than a late submission.

And some members might vote for many if not all of the photos, not just the best one.

Am I understanding all the logic here?

Well, it's different, but that's not bad, my members might like a different style of photo contest....

So, I've been running photo contests in my forum for years, and this looks neat. So, if you give a negative reaction, is it applying the point value of the reaction to the score? Or is it just adding one point per reaction?

I guess I would need to give very implicit instructions, only one photo per post, to vote on a photo, pick a (positive?) reaction.

Hrm, so if you submit your photo early, you could technically get more votes than a late submission.

And some members might vote for many if not all of the photos, not just the best one.

Am I understanding all the logic here?

Well, it's different, but that's not bad, my members might like a different style of photo contest....

Yes, that login sounds 100% sound.

I've been running photo contests for years on my forum as well, and I'm going to have to change the way they work a bit in order to accommodate this add-on, however, I do not mind, as it will make my life easier.

My only real reservation was that yes, if someone submits their photo first, they may rack up more reactions than the guy who submits his last, only because I allow members a 10-day period to submit their photos.

However, I think that if I explain that to people, it will work itself out, and people will start rushing to get their photos in first, or they'll simply understand that by waiting until the last moment, they could "potentially" lose out on some reactions.

My other thought was that it might be cool if there was a way to disable reactions in this particular thread until all photos are submitted and the contest is ready to start, but I have a feeling that would complicate things more than Andy would like, which I totally understand.

Incase anyone wants to see this add-on in action, you can check it out here on my forum:

The monthly photo contest is a big hit on my forum. It really keeps people engaged.

Incase anyone wants to see this add-on in action, you can check it out here on my forum:

The monthly photo contest is a big hit on my forum. It really keeps people engaged.

Any chance you can give MattUk 20 posts so I can see how this works?

Any chance you can give MattUk 20 posts so I can see how this works?

Done. If you don't mind, just "unlike" all the posts you liked when you are done checking it out, that way they don't actually end up counting for the contest that is currently going on (y)

Done. If you don't mind, just "unlike" all the posts you liked when you are done checking it out, that way they don't actually end up counting for the contest that is currently going on (y)

Much appreciated and of course! I also run an automotive type forum if you ever want to bounce off ideas :)

Much appreciated and of course! I also run an automotive type forum if you ever want to bounce off ideas :)

Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been running this contest for a few years now, and it's proven to be very successful with my forum. Members really seem to like it!

Yes, but we miss to much functionality at this time. So we prefer to use the Wordpress (+real photo contest plugin) with Xenforo combo.

@AndyB, what is the board URL option purposed for?
On my forum, when I filled that out, it broke the links to the images in the photo contest block, but once I erased the URL and left it blank, everything worked fine. Not sure if that's my forum, or if that's typical. I've got a pretty advanced setup, so it's hard to tell.

On my forum, when I filled that out, it broke the links to the images in the photo contest block, but once I erased the URL and left it blank, everything worked fine. Not sure if that's my forum, or if that's typical. I've got a pretty advanced setup, so it's hard to tell.
Thanks. I didn't fill it out and everything works fine. So I'm curious.

Top Bottom