(Phone users) Do your browse the web horizontal or vertical?

How do you hold your phone?

• I like to hold my phone the proper way up (vertical).

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No, I hold my phone in landscape for more typing room.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Cambion

I almost never use my phone in landscape except for videos :p Or games

I have a nice, big screen, so I have no need to really turn in landscape when I am browsing on my phone.

I did just try and type in landscape and I realize that my phone is WAY TOO big to try typing in landscape lol. But I can browse, type and everything virtually in portrait.

I suppose it depends what kind of phone you have. An iPhone in landscape is probably better vs portrait.
green-lumia-1520-19-1280x851.jpg

Cambion

Portrait here, on both my iPhone 5 and now my 6 Plus.
When I had the iPhone 6 briefly, it was quite easy to use portrait but I never could(And still can't) understand how males with large hands were able to handle the small screen size of iPhone 5/5s and even the iPhone 4s and below lol.

Maybe because I am spoiled, my phone is 6 inches(So larger than an iPhone 6 plus) and it sort of makes everything else I use feel tiny lol but I got irate trying to type on an iPhone 5s because my thumbs had no room to move lol

Liam W

Portrait, I have auto rotate disabled...

Except when I'm forced to use landscape by the lottery website... That's annoying.

Liam

RickM

Landscape for me. More typing room. Plus now that I'm on the iPhone 6 it feels way, way better to browse like this. No reaching your thumb up to the top of the screen anymore :)

dieketzer

depends on the page.
on a responsive page like xenforo, i use the phone vertically. if its a vb3 page or whatnot, i turn it horizontally.

Daniel Hood

Mostly portait. I go into landscape on certain responsive sites if I want to see more elements that are hidden for mobile (such as XenForo last post date on the forum index) or worse, sites that aren't responsive and I have to keep scrolling left/right in order to read sentences. Overall I'd say it's 99% portrait though.

DRE

vertical.

Only use horizontal when viewing a video.

I've gotten used to typing that way too, before I used to prefer horizontal.

Just not enough room to see wtf I'm typing when horizontal.