Personally know someone by name who tested positive for the virus?

Joe Kuhn

My wife's friend got her positive test result back 2 days ago. Had been in the hospital for pneumonia treatment. At home now. Lives in Chicago. When asked how she felt, she said, "Can't breathe."

You?

Last edited:
Point is this moves us from hearing about it on the news & through conversation to knowing someone who has it in our personal lives. This is a big change in context for us. Our focus on potential contact points is much higher now. Mail we receive, packages we have delivered to our home and store visits are being scrutinized and controled to a much higher degree. We happen to have masks and gloves we are now using. Visitors to our home do not enter. We will go outside for conversation and we do not enter other homes at all. We actually see a lot more people walking in our neighborhood so we visit w them at a good distance. Our daughter's birthday is today. We may visit her and chat as she sits on her porch and we stand next to our car in the parking slot in front of her apartment.

I suppose some of you have already been through this. And others will be soon or are going through it now yourselves. Good luck.

My cousin caught it a few weeks ago in London. Luckily he's been able to self isolate with his wife and kids for the last fortnight and all seems okay, touch wood.

Only normal flu symptoms, nothing major, thank goodness.

He's on the mend now, but has lost his sense of smell and taste, which apparently is common with covid, and should come back.

My country almost doesn't test at all. Not even if you are carried into the hospital with fever, cough & breathing difficulties. (which happened to my friend)
Personally I'm happy to be symptom free now. Being able to breathe normally is awesome.

My country almost doesn't test at all. Not even if you are carried into the hospital with fever, cough & breathing difficulties. (which happened to my friend)
Personally I'm happy to be symptom free now. Being able to breathe normally is awesome.
So you've had it and recovered. Good for you!

Last edited:
Uncle, aunts and cousins both side of the family have/had it.

Wouldnt be surprised if I have it/had it also given our close family interactions on a weekly basis. But this winter had the worst flu i've ever experienced, lasted months and never have felt so ill on a consistent basis, so probably wouldnt even "notice" a normal flu in comparison now.

My middle daughter tested positive.

We all had symptoms but she was kept in hospital due to fever.

We are all mostly fine now, although I keep having the odd day where I feel dreadful.

I wish people would take the lockdown more seriously.

Signs point that the virus has been prevalent around the globe for longer than testing has been happening. My guess is a lot of people may have already had it without knowing this year. Generally speaking you should multiply those positives by 6-10x to get a real sense of how many may actually be carrying it or have carried it.

I know of a couple of friends who have family with it. I fully expect to get it now or in the future if I hadn't had it already. It's one of those things that appear to be inevitable to spread far and wide.

My brother's family (in another city so doesn't affect me directly) have it, but only my sis-in-law has actually been tested (positive). Health unit is just assuming the others have it based on her result. Apparently their daughter-in-law's family (my eldest nephew is married) may have it as well. The funny thing is that the symptoms have been a bit different in each of them (there's three in the household).

I`m a native Romanian lad, living in UK, got married in here (my wife shes british), she have her best friend who got it... she`s self isolate at home, lost the taste of smell she said, her little girl got it but the symptoms for her was like the flu ones. I`m scare of my family from Romania, because there`s so many elders who don`t use to stay in homes and I`m scare the BOOM of the COVID-19 will come there in few days. I`m ok... got flu symptoms few weeks ago, nothing more... I suppose it was just a flu.

My mom lives in a retirement home that reported they have 2 residents and one employee confirmed w the virus. Enployee has been home for 5 days. My mom tested negative.

I’m worried about how badly America is going to get hit by it.

My dad wasn’t well for about 5 days.

My sister convinced him to go to the hospital to see if he could get tested, she was worried as he has respiratory issues. They said they could test.

Before he proceeded he asked how much it would cost. They couldn’t tell him as they didn’t know and the billing department was closed.

So he refused to get tested and left. They seemed very surprised.

The next day out of curiosity he called up the billing department to find out what it would have cost.

He would have been landed with of a bill for $1800 if he had gone through with it!

The American healthcare system is horrific.

So far the thoughts and prayers seem to be working a treat though. Fingers crossed he doesn’t end up needing a ventilator.

I’m worried about how badly America is going to get hit by it.

My dad wasn’t well for about 5 days.

My sister convinced him to go to the hospital to see if he could get tested, she was worried as he has respiratory issues. They said they could test.

Before he proceeded he asked how much it would cost. They couldn’t tell him as they didn’t know and the billing department was closed.

So he refused to get tested and left. They seemed very surprised.

The next day out of curiosity he called up the billing department to find out what it would have cost.

He would have been landed with of a bill for $1800 if he had gone through with it!

The American healthcare system is horrific.

So far the thoughts and prayers seem to be working a treat though. Fingers crossed he doesn’t end up needing a ventilator.
Yes, the American health care system is truly horrific.

Fingers crossed your father is well, my friend.

So far, I know no one affected as of yet. Here is a link to the number of cases in the province I live in, I'm in the western part:

So, Trump ordered 3M to stop exporting masks to Canada, some facts that Trump didn't take into consideration:

3M (US) only produces 1/3 of the masks world wide. If other countries follow suit, the US will end up with less masks and respirators.
Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US, we can shut that off.
Canada can also shut the power off to the Eastern sea board (New York city, et el).
Canada can stop our thousands of Nurses that work in Michigan from crossing into the US (but I don't think Trump cares about Detroit, so probably won't phase him).
Canada can halt sending medical supplies to the US, ones they count on. And we can halt the sales of medicines to the US citizens that can not afford them in the US.

The above is just a drop in the bucket to what we can do. Would we do it? I doubt it, as we have very good relations with the Governors. Really, Trump should think before he speaks. This is a world wide problem, and the US can not solve it on it's own, and they know that, take a look at the number of cases they have compared to other countries, it is staggering.

Top Bottom