1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal News Feed

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brogan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When I click on my profile and then News Feed (http://xenforo.com/community/news-feed/) I see a message "Your news feed is currently empty."

What is this for exactly and how do I start adding stuff to it?

I don't use Facebook so I'm not very familiar with all this new-fangled "social networking".
  2. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

You need to follow other users and their posts will appear there.

I think. :confused:

ETA - yep that's it.
  3. Douglas

Douglas Member

If you follow other users their activity is displayed in your news feed, i'm not sure what else - I just watched this thread, so I assume any updates to this will also appear in my news feed? But we shall see.

Edit: Ok, watched threads and threads you've interacted with don't appear... only your followers interactions.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Aha, OK thanks guys.

So basically it's a way for stalkers to keep track of you...:eek:

Or you to keep track of them...:cool:
    Abomination likes this.
  5. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought of it like that.

*looks for people to stalk*
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

It's a social connection. You can either stalk someone who doesn't like you and you just can't let them go, or you can use it for what it is intended, follow a person you consider a friend, who probably likes you back. And you can keep track of what you're doing (what you would otherwise let eachother know at the end of the day in a bar over a beer ..)