Personal Image Album

mikelowrey

IF I wanted to offer this to members, it would be through Showcase?
If I were to use The resource, then it would be for things such as docs, pdf, zip, etc...

Correct?
Thanks!

XF Media Gallery (XenForo 1st party add-on) allows user albums (which I'm assuming you are referring to). It has extensive permission sets that allow you to control albums (and grant ability to users to control them in several aspects)

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.22.39 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.22.51 PM.webp

ShowCase is not really a "gallery" per se - think of it as what the name calls it - it allows you to SHOW off items in a format you can configure to allow specific fields for.

The RM is for actual download of files - the extensions are definable by you (but realize some browsers will NOT allow certain extensions to download by default).

@Tracy Perry Thank you for the info, one more thing tho, when setting permission to allow them to add media etc... every user will have their own album which only them can add and remove things, correct? or anybody can just come in and add things to the other's user album.?

Also, If I add some images to my album, can I use these images in threads/posts instead of including an image from URL?

Thanks

or anybody can just come in and add things to the other's user album.?
The answer to that is yes/no... :D
It depends on how the user sets the album up.
Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.52.06 PM.webp

Also, If I add some images to my album, can I use these images in threads/posts instead of including an image from URL?

You mean like this?

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.53.35 PM.webp
Those are all media in my albums.
The camera icon in the editor tool bar allows the bottom images to show up.

You can do the same thing here if you have any media installed in the media gallery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom