Personal Conversations need Search and Labels

Enigma

Two things I see as fairly critical for Personal Conversations-- Search and Labels/tags/folders.

Search-- we should be able to search Personal Conversations by title/content/sender/recipient etc.

Labels-- there should be some way to organise your Personal Conversations. Personally, I'd like to see a Gmail-esque Label system, but folders would work as well.

Upvote 110
Would be nice to see this.

Funnily enough, IPS lets you search by simple keywords BUT you can't filter by username. So both platforms have their pros and cons in regards to Conversations.

This is pretty bonkers we still don't have a super basic search for conversations. In fact there was something for filtering usernames in 1.x and how in 2.x it's gone. We're going backwards!

Not interested about labels, just a simple search inside conversations would be enough for me.

this is smf 2.0 released +10 years ago
Screenshot_2020-06-02 Search Personal Messages.webp
it also have labels, but never used them

Two things I see as fairly critical for Personal Conversations-- Search and Labels/tags/folders.

Search-- we should be able to search Personal Conversations by title/content/sender/recipient etc.

Labels-- there should be some way to organise your Personal Conversations. Personally, I'd like to see a Gmail-esque Label system, but folders would work as well.
Yes! Why isn't this native. My conversations have become unwieldy.

The search framework is in place.
It has already been stated that it will be expanded in the future, although nothing more than that has been said.
10 years later... Can we finally get search functionality for your own conversations? Please?

Cat Please GIF by swerk

Crazy to me that this isn’t a thing yet… especially when the underlying framework/handlers are all there. I’ve added it to my sites fairly easily, but that doesn’t help when I’ve been trying to find a conversation on this site.

Fundamentally it’s no different than searching posts that are in forums that not everyone has access to (searching private content). XenForo has all the internals already to do this…. 😕

Fundamentally it’s no different than searching posts that are in forums that not everyone has access to (searching private content). XenForo has all the internals already to do this…. 😕
I'm fairly sure it is a holdover from the XF's MySQL search just not being nearly as scalable, and not really looked at for efficiently excluding subsets of content

Top Bottom