1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal Conversations need Search and Labels

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Enigma, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Two things I see as fairly critical for Personal Conversations-- Search and Labels/tags/folders.

Search-- we should be able to search Personal Conversations by title/content/sender/recipient etc.

Labels-- there should be some way to organise your Personal Conversations. Personally, I'd like to see a Gmail-esque Label system, but folders would work as well.
    empire, P.Anthony, Gene and 25 others like this.
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Searching would be fantastic! Not being able to search PMs in vb makes them not very useful.
  3. Derek Ivey

Derek Ivey Member

I agree. These are a must have!
  4. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

Both are great suggestions.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

It wouldn't hurt if in the future the Conversations system slowly turns into a more e-mail style system. Helping it become more of a home page for quite some people.
    erich37 likes this.
  6. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
  7. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

You meant for the list of Conversations ? If so, yes I do agree :)
  8. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

Good idea :)
  9. Sejper

Sejper Active Member

Search system is something that is really needed, so +1 on that.
  10. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

11. TimWF

TimWF Active Member

Would be great to have conversations included in search, I was surprised to see this suggestion buried so deep!
  12. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

13. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

Someone brought up a discussion that I knew I had talked about before, but I could not remember where. I searched my forums and couldn't locate the thread. It nagged at me for a while, then I recalled it was in a forum conversation.

I would like to suggest that the Search option includes the user's conversations.
  14. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

And while in the conversation topic, I would suggest we have a way to search our Inbox just like our email client. Search by sender, subject, date range, etc.
    Brett Peters likes this.
  15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The search framework is in place.
    It has already been stated that it will be expanded in the future, although nothing more than that has been said.
  16. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

17. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Lu Kas likes this.
  18. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

I'd like to add to the PC side of things.

You should be able to apply filters to your PC inbox, sort by sender, sort by time/date, exclude XYZ sender/recipient etc
  19. vkams

vkams Active Member

In one of conversations 5 users wrote down 31 pages! You see, search in conversation may be very useful!
    shawn and Grover like this.
  20. Beanjam

Beanjam Active Member

I would really like the ability to search conversations too. And at the moment the search box on the Conversations page is a little misleading, as it does not search in the conversations.
    Grover likes this.