Personal Conversation question

boatswife

What I'm trying to understand is if a member chooses the "ignore future messages", this seems to include Admin also.

Sometimes I issue warnings and get a nasty reply back. If that member sends the nasty reply and then chooses the "ignore future messages", it seems that in my testing, my reply back to them does get ignored and I don't know about it.

Are Admin and Mods somehow exempt from this option?

I don't know a whole lot, but I went into Templates>conversation_leave and deleted the following code.
The option "Accept Future Messages" is dialed in and does restore the PC if the user leaves conversation and you reply to the user..

Code:
<li><label for="delete_type_delete_ignore">
                    <input type="radio" name="delete_type" value="delete_ignore" id="delete_type_delete_ignore" /> {xen:phrase ignore_future_messages}</label>
                    <p class="hint">{xen:phrase not_notified_of_responses_conversation_remain_deleted}</p>
                </li>

LOL I removed the part that I didn't like "ignore future messages" and left the other option "Accept Future Messages".

When the user deletes the message that you sent them, they only have the option to "Accept Future Messages". When I replied back, after they deleted the message, the message was restored to the user along with my reply.

Sorry........I hope that's clearer. They can't ignore you this way.

Yes, I guess it would, but I would rather them not ignore me. I'm ok for now, but this will definitely be a problem when I switch over. I don't think Admin/Mods can ever be ignored.

Top Bottom