Persistent Login form

cmeinck

Like many of you, I'd like more folks to sign up for my forums and become contributors. A good number of users find my site through Google and ultimately land within a thread. I've got a welcome message notification setup, with links to login. However, I feel as if we could be doing more to convert these folks to members. I'm looking at stock vB installs and they've got that persistent login form on every page. Any thoughts on how we can do something similar and increase conversion of guests to members?

Like many of you, I'd like more folks to sign up for my forums and become contributors. A good number of users find my site through Google and ultimately land within a thread. I've got a welcome message notification setup, with links to login. However, I feel as if we could be doing more to convert these folks to members. I'm looking at stock vB installs and they've got that persistent login form on every page. Any thoughts on how we can do something similar and increase conversion of guests to members?
Notifications by Gritter (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/notifications-powered-by-gritter.870/) is great for this. Feel free to stop anywhere at http://twowheeldemon.com and you will see a persistent popup that will show up after a short time. Does not matter what page you are on. It is dismissable also.
It is not a login form, but is set up so that it does link directly to it. There is also (unless you disabled it) the persistent Login section at the upper right part of the browser.

Thanks. I actually have that add-on. I'm looking for a simple login form. A pop-up can be off-putting. Effective and something I've used in the past, just looking for something similar to what you'd find on vB. A passive, yet persistent login box.

Thanks. I actually have that add-on. I'm looking for a simple login form. A pop-up can be off-putting. Effective and something I've used in the past, just looking for something similar to what you'd find on vB. A passive, yet persistent login box.
That should be easy enough to set up in your sidebar in a template and set it so that it only displays for visitors. Basically a quick login. I had it set like that when I first installed XenForo but decided I didn't like a sidebar showing in the forums area.

Top Bottom