XF 1.2 Permission's

winter4w

I am wondering when I make a new group and I want them to have the same permissions as the registered group. Is there a simple way to do this or do I need to do them manual.

I am wondering when I make a new group and I want them to have the same permissions as the registered group. Is there a simple way to do this or do I need to do them manual.

There isn't any available function to essentially 'copy' the permissions from another usergroup. You'll need to apply them manually.

Yeah, Usually you'd do this if you were making minor permission additions - e.g. with a "premium" usergroup giving them extra features.
Yes but you can also do it for more major permission additions. As per the guide, everyone should have Registered as their Primary group and this should be set with the lowest permissions that you want everyone to have. You then create multiple groups with different permissions sets and allocate one or more of these to users as Secondary groups depending on how many extra permissions you want them to have.

Yes but you can also do it for more major permission additions. As per the guide, everyone should have Registered as their Primary group and this should be set with the lowest permissions that you want everyone to have. You then create multiple groups with different permissions sets and allocate one or more of these to users as Secondary groups depending on how many extra permissions you want them to have.

Exactly, I see a lot of people who set the administrator group as their primary group because they haven't read Brogan's guide. :D

Top Bottom