1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Permission's

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by winter4w, Oct 31, 2013.

1. winter4w

winter4w Active Member

I am wondering when I make a new group and I want them to have the same permissions as the registered group. Is there a simple way to do this or do I need to do them manual.

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

There isn't any available function to essentially 'copy' the permissions from another usergroup. You'll need to apply them manually.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

oman likes this.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yes but you can also do it for more major permission additions. As per the guide, everyone should have Registered as their Primary group and this should be set with the lowest permissions that you want everyone to have. You then create multiple groups with different permissions sets and allocate one or more of these to users as Secondary groups depending on how many extra permissions you want them to have.

oman likes this.
  6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Exactly, I see a lot of people who set the administrator group as their primary group because they haven't read Brogan's guide. :D