1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Winterstride, May 20, 2016.

1. Winterstride

Winterstride New Member

I have a forum category that I only want administrators to see.

In other forum software I'd simple tell the forum to only let the administrator group to see it, but I can't seem to get that to work here. Am I missing something? Do I have to make the category private and invite everyone individually?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Winterstride

Winterstride New Member

Huh. That seems a bit needlessly convoluted. Is there any plan to make this as simple as other software?

4. Brogan

No, there are no plans to change it.

5. Winterstride

Winterstride New Member

I spent a whole buncha time on this and I've finally wrapped my brain around it. All my permissions are working as intended, so that's good.

I have another question pertaining to this, though I suspect I know what the answer will be. I would like to grant specific user groups freedom from seeing ads. I suspect an add-on or something will be needed for this, but if it isn't too much trouble can I get a quick outline on how this might work so I know what to ask for?

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

7. Brogan

8. Winterstride

Winterstride New Member

Thank you very much!