Permissions

Kim

Urgh, I seem to be having trouble with permissions.

I have a created a usergroup, in the usergroup permissions the Personal Conversations section has the following...

ug_permissions2.webp

As you can see it is set to allow for this group, however they cannot start new Personal Conversations.

Just ran into this exact same issue with the same usergroup and Avatars, I hadn't set a size, it was set to allow, and "default" for the size, and unbeknown to me, people in this group could not upload an avatar until I set a size.

Hmmm just seems so awkward, why even have the default option when it means bascially no or none... and overwrites the Allow?

Just ran into this exact same issue with the same usergroup and Avatars, I hadn't set a size, it was set to allow, and "default" for the size, and unbeknown to me, people in this group could not upload an avatar until I set a size.

Hmmm just seems so awkward, why even have the default option when it means bascially no or none... and overwrites the Allow?

Yes, to me this is still odd. I think that if there is already an allow option on these settings then there should be a global default option of some sort. It would make more sense in my opinion.

Well this would make 100% sense to me and be quite useful if in the ACP there was a category under "Permissions" titled Default permissions that one could set so when they create a usergroup and don't define permissions, it will use the defaults you can set. Also having a button in there to restore to XF defaults would be nice too.

Maybe this is too much work to implement and the default thing is meant to be so if someone creates a group and forgets to set permissions they don't give someone access they shouldn't have. I dunno. Color me stupid.

Top Bottom