XF 2.2 Permissions problem

Junkman

I have a permissions problem that I cannot fix. If the primary group is set to registered user, and I have a secondary user group that certain people are in. With these settings in place, the secondary group has administrative permissions as shown below. I haven't been able to find the root cause of this. I just changed our old vbulletin forum to Xenforo, and a user notified me of this issue. He sent me the screen capture below. I have analysed permissions, and can't find anything out of order. There have been no add on's to the software. thanks image001 (1).png

the secondary group has administrative permissions as shown below
Those are moderator permissions, not administrator.

Use the permissions analyser on a member account with those permissions to determine where they are being set.
You may need to do it on a specific node.

I analyzed the user in the nodes permissions, and then I checked to see if there was anyone in the moderator group, and there are none. I still can't find where to remove this permission. Please see the picture below... thanks for your patience. I am still learning how permissions are granted. found location.jpg

I just went back and found the error, and deleted all moderator permissions in that forum.. Now, all that I have left is the one box at the top that I have no idea what it is for, or why it is there (select for moderation).. Can you please help me with this? thanks moderation.webp

I finally resolved the previous issue, however, I have just learned about another issue, and I can't figure it out. Registered users permissions are set properly in "groups and permissions / user groups", but when I go to a registered user by name, and check their permissions, everything is set to no. I learned about this today, when one of my old time members prior to the migration from vbulletin to xenforo, had made a post, and it was waiting to be approved. I checked his permissions, and everything was set to no. I am starting to think that this is why my forums which before migration was quite busy, and now has slowed to a snails pace. What can I do to correct these permission issues? I have checked multiple names, and everyone is the same with all "no's".
thanks Junkman

but when I go to a registered user by name, and check their permissions, everything is set to no
That is correct.

Unless specific permissions are explicitly set for members, they inherit them from user groups.

The permissions analyser will show how permissions are set for a specific member.

Top Bottom