XF 1.2 Permissions in Xenforo

shorepower

I recently purchased Xenforo and have installed version 1.2.2 + migrated my old forum from SMF 2.0.4.
The main headache I currently have is around permissions. They are very granular which is good but I can't get any overview. Having migrated via phpBB there are multiple user groups and as the permissions did not correctly migrate rebuilding is quite a challenge.

Searching this forum I can not find any good guide on permissions. What I'm looking for is a way to get reports or at least an overview over.

* Which users are in which user groups
* Which user groups have permission for which nodes (or vice versa)
* Which special permissions exists.

It's not clear for me if there is a one-step approach or if I have to go through node by node and group by group which is a time consuming task.

Next step will be to update but without an overview I can't fully size or understand that task.

Thanks in advance

Thx Digital Doctor , that explains a lot but still my main problem is, having migrated from SMF via phpBB to Xenforo, that the permissions are "screwed" up.

Is there no reporting or overview capability in Xenforo? The permission scheme are very good but as of now, the overview is poor and some times lacking. Very time consuming to go node by node, then user group by user group, trying to figure out which users that have access to what. This can be my lack of knowledge of how Xenforo works, hence my question.

Thanks again

Last edited:
@shorepower

Used the Analysis Permissions feature in 1.2 and wow... :love: It should really help someone mess with permissions and understand how they are implemented across groups. It shows "Overall" permissions on the page, but clicking on more details will show you the process of getting to that final outcome. (y) Fantastic job Kier & Mike!

Look for that.
search for permissions in the Admin Control Panel search thingy.

Top Bottom