XF 1.3 Permissions for moderator

Bob_R

I just realized one of my moderators has no/unlimited permissions.

How can can make this member have mod permissions w/o going thru them one by one?

Thanks!

EDIT: Bonus question. I gave permissions to the Super Mod group (2 people). But then I realized I had to actually go their individual permissions to give them the permissions I thought I was giving them because they are in the Super Mod group in the first place.

I'm not entirely clear about your set-up for moderators.

Firstly, being in a moderating group doesn't make you a Moderator. You have to add them to Moderators in the ACP.

https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

You can give them permissions individually there and will have to do so for forum moderators who are only to have moderator permissions in particular forums. You can do this too for Super Moderators but if you intend those to all have the same permissions then it's easier to do this by adding them to a moderating group. Doing do means they all get the same permissions without having to add them individually for each moderator.

Follow Brogan's guide for setting permissions across multiple user groups.

OK, thanks. How can I add someone to a Moderator and can I, for lack of a better word, retroactively give members the permissions instead of say giving permissions to 10 moderators individually.

TY.

How can I remedy this. I have 600 registered users. Are you telling me I have to set permissions individually.

For example, I just gave the registered users permissions. Then checked 2 or 3 members indivdually and they DIDN'T have the permissions.

I'm not sure what it is you're asking.

You keep mentioning individual user permissions and the answer has already been given several times - add them to a usergroup which has the moderator permissions set.
Most people use the default Moderating user group.

If you are referring to assigning moderators to specific forums, then yes, you will need to assign each one.

I think I had it all wrong to begin with. I've asked my members if they can "see" what I added and they have replied yes. So, I guess all was good afterall.

Thanks Brogan & Martok

Top Bottom