Permissions Confusion

SandyF

Otay, I've been through several threads on permissions and I'm still riding the forum admin short bus.

On the User Group Permissions page, I'm looking at my Registered Users default group.

I get lost with the headings:
General Permissions seems logical enough

What I don't understand is:
General Moderator Permissions - what is this? I have a moderators group, who (in theory) has their own set of group permissions. Who and what do these boxes apply to?

Forum Permissions again seems logical, although I still cannot figure out how to give Registered Users the ability to post, but all posts go into the moderation queue for approval.

Then there is Forum Moderator Permissions - and I'm confused again and why this is here instead of part of the Moderator Group permissions set.

Same with Personal Conversation Moderator Permissions. Who do these settings apply to, the Registered User or a Moderator?

Thanks!

(Hey, that's kind of screwy though isn't it? That means I have to give the permission to ALL moderators as well - what if I don't want them to have it?)
Define the lowest permission set you want all moderators to have in the moderating usergroup.

Then increase the permissions accordingly for each moderator using user permissions.

That's how mine are set up and it allows me to have moderators who can only stick, lock and move threads, as well as moderators who can edit posts.

Define the lowest permission set you want all moderators to have in the moderating usergroup.

Then increase the permissions accordingly for each moderator using user permissions.

That's how mine are set up and it allows me to have moderators who can only stick, lock and move threads, as well as moderators who can edit posts.

Thanks for the help. But, it didn't work. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Where exactly does the option to edit a post show up?

Top Bottom