• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug Permissions Bug?

Dynamic

Hello,

If I modify an account upgrade (allow user to join a new usergroup) whilst the upgrade is active, it completely ignores the new upgrade settings.

Also, I have a user promotion active that adds a user to a group once they have made more than 350 posts. For some reason, this is not doing it.

xF 1.2

Thanks

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm a little bit confused about what you're reporting here and it sounds like two completely unrelated things.

The user upgrade changes aren't retroactive; they are applied when the upgrade is first purchased. This is generally as expected currently.

I don't understand the second one. Are you simply saying that promotions don't work? There are various caveats about how they're applied. They're applied on the first page view of a session or via cron (once the last activity is updated).

Dynamic

Hi Mike,

Okay, so the upgrades can not be changed during an active upgrade. I'll add this as a suggestion.

I have set up a User Group Promotion to add users to a secondary user group if they meet this criteria.

• I have the setting "If user has made more than x posts". I have made x = 350.
  • I have the setting "If user is member of "y" selected user group.
  • I have the setting "If custom user field criteria is set to "z"
Now, there are say 500 users who fit that criteria. So, I would expect 500 members to be part of the designated secondary usergroup. This however has not happened (6 hours since I set it up). I am sure I am doing something wrong, but so far it all looks correct to me.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Those 500 users need to login to have the promotion applied. It's done on session creation in 1.2 and through a cron in 1.0 and 1.1 (happens the hour after login).

CyberAP

I tried manually launching cron operation to complete all promotions and got my promotion applied to only 10-12 members instead of 100. This is not expected.

Dynamic

Not sure what is happening with everyone else, but users who fit the criteria have logged in since and yet no promotion was made. However, some users were promoted. I kept track of who logged in and they still did not get the promotion. Would the "Keep me logged in" affect this at all?

S

Syndol

Not sure what is happening with everyone else, but users who fit the criteria have logged in since and yet no promotion was made. However, some users were promoted. I kept track of who logged in and they still did not get the promotion. Would the "Keep me logged in" affect this at all?
I believe it happens when the cron runs (every hour I think) after they log out and their session is updated.