XF 1.1 Permissions again

speedway

V 1.1.5

I have a permission issue I thought I had covered. One usergroup can't edit anything even thought I have their perms set to edit.

Heres my take:

All users are members of the Registered Group. Anyone in this group has edit (and delete post & thread) set to
Not Set.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.29.41 PM.webp

The MateSpace group has Edit, Delete Post & Thread set to Allow and the time limit set to Unlimited.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.29.12 PM.webp

The user in the Matespace group are there as a secondary group with their main group set to Registered. However, nobody in that group can edit or delete anything.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.30.03 PM.webp

Nowhere is any permission is Never set so that can't be it, but it has to be something I am missing....Anyone?

Bloody hell.. the users in question are moderators for a select set of forums. The settings for those forums had Edit/Delete unchecked. I set those to checked and they now have Edit/Delete options available. This just goes to prove my I still do not understand how XF permissions work, especially when forum moderation is added to the mix :(

Bloody hell.. the users in question are moderators for a select set of forums. The settings for those forums had Edit/Delete unchecked. I set those to checked and they now have Edit/Delete options available. This just goes to prove my I still do not understand how XF permissions work, especially when forum moderation is added to the mix :(

Once you get the hang of it though you will REALLY like it. Very modular and powerful - but as with most things, the more power the more complexity.;)

Top Bottom