1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Permissions again

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by speedway, Jun 26, 2013.

1. speedway

speedway Well-Known Member

V 1.1.5

I have a permission issue I thought I had covered. One usergroup can't edit anything even thought I have their perms set to edit.

Heres my take:

All users are members of the Registered Group. Anyone in this group has edit (and delete post & thread) set to
    Not Set.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.29.41 PM.png

The MateSpace group has Edit, Delete Post & Thread set to Allow and the time limit set to Unlimited.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.29.12 PM.png

The user in the Matespace group are there as a secondary group with their main group set to Registered. However, nobody in that group can edit or delete anything.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 11.30.03 PM.png

Nowhere is any permission is Never set so that can't be it, but it has to be something I am missing....Anyone?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the individual user and node permissions.

3. speedway

Thanks, will do....

4. speedway

Bloody hell.. the users in question are moderators for a select set of forums. The settings for those forums had Edit/Delete unchecked. I set those to checked and they now have Edit/Delete options available. This just goes to prove my I still do not understand how XF permissions work, especially when forum moderation is added to the mix :(

Tracy Perry likes this.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Once you get the hang of it though you will REALLY like it. Very modular and powerful - but as with most things, the more power the more complexity.;)