XF 1.2 Permission Problems?

wat3v3r

I just imported my forum from vb to xen but I am getting a lot of weird permission errors. I have an admin account but still I am unable to moderate threads anywhere on the forum?

I only get options to Edit Threads.

Also for some reason my Staff forum just refuses to show to me! I have set the permissions for it to be viewed to me and I just cannot understand what I should do to get this working. Everything else went smoothly but these permissions are just like not working properly.

I did do those... I have set it so that as an admin I can view that node.. but nothing it just does not even appear for me. I spent a good 2 hours or so setting the permissions up and they just do not seem to work. Even now I have no Moderating power for any threads on my board

Use the Permissions Analyzer.

A point to note is that in XenForo Administrators and not necessarily Moderators - they need to be promoted to the role like any other member.

The importer tries to replicate the source data but due to the differences between the systems, the end result isn't always what you expect.

Permissions should always be checked after importing.

Seriously ? I got like 185,000 members... I have to check all their usergroups one by one now?

How many user groups do you have?

It's not as hard as it would seem, though. Set the permissions accordingly for your Registered user group and make sure everyone's primary user group is Registered; then go into your other user groups and click Quick check all under Not Set (No) unless other user groups have permissions normal members don't, such as bypassing user privacy -- in which case, set the permissions to allow.

Xenforo permissions work differently to other forums. They are designed to work cumulatively across usergroups. Once you get the hang of this, it really does make sense and makes managing permissions so much easier.

Do read the guides that Brogan linked to earlier.

Top Bottom