XF 1.1 Permission Problem...

robdog

I recently upgraded to 1.1.4 and now the post button and reply boxes do not show up for users.

However, if I "test" a users permissions, both of those items will show up.

Anyone run into this issue before???

I have not heard of an upgrade modifying permissions.

Do you have any outdated templates?
Any add-ons installed which may have affected it?

I do have modified templates and a number of add-ons. I am going to be disabling all add-ons and going through the templates 1 at a time and report back, but really stumped on this one.

Have you tried creating a new style - based on the default (1.1.4) - to see if that cures the problem? (It should at least let you know if it's a template issue)

How do the actual usergroup permissions look?
Is the permission still set as it was before the upgrade?

I didn't change the permissions before or after the upgrade. I have been going through them now to make sure everything is good, but just not sure how to get it fixed.

It is weird that if I test a users permissions, the button and reply box shows up.

Yeah I am thinking the same thing. I just don't know why it works when I "test" a users permissions. Then I get out of test mode and it doesn't work. :(

okay this might be part of the issue. I have 500 records in my user table but it is only showing 2 total users for the count on the user's admin page.

hhmmm....

Any idea on what would of caused this?

Just a note on permissions - if you've used Revoke or Never anywhere, double-check those permissions settings - I recently confused the life out of myself because I'd accidentally revoked permissions instead of inheriting them (including myself as Super Admin). (y)

Damn... haha.

Don't mess with the user_status column in the user table.

I may use xenforo as a model on how to develop other sites and I am sure I modified the xenforo database when I meant to modify my 3rd party site database.

Don't mess with the user_status column in the user table.

I may use xenforo as a model on how to develop other sites and I am sure I modified the xenforo database when I meant to modify my 3rd party site database.

Hey ... happens to the best of em - don't sweat it - and glad you got it sorted. Nice one. (y)

Top Bottom