1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Issue Permanently deleting a thread via inline mod results in a "thread not found error"

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Brogan, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Open a thread and click on the checkbox on the first post.
    Permanently delete it and the browser refreshes back to the thread URL and an error message is displayed.

This only happens when deleting within the thread, not from the forum view.

error.PNG

Alien and Vincent like this.
  2. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

I just gave that a try but I was redirected to forum view after a complete delete within the thread
    Is their possibly another variable ?

3. Brogan

I tried it with a thread with a single post and multiple posts, on my test installation and live site.

I received the same result each time.

4. Brett Peters

5. Brogan

6. Brett Peters

Exactly what I did but without the error

Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 1.15.16 AM.png Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 1.15.30 AM.png Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 1.15.43 AM.png

I am happy to supply you with log in details to my site if you wish to confirm?

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I can confirm this Brogan.

8. lightbox

lightbox Active Member

So if I understand you right, you're NOT deleting a thread from within the thread, but you delete one or more post(s) with the result of the whole thread being deleted. This might be the difference and this is where the error occurs!
    When you use the thread tools to delete the thread from within the thread, everything is ok.

Can confirm this behavior.

9. Brett Peters

Ah Ok I was using the "Delete" option but if you use the checkbox to select delete then their is an error.

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

The problem is the dynamic redirect in XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Abstract

PHP:
            return $this->responseRedirect(

XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::SUCCESS,

$this->getDynamicRedirect()
            );