Pedelecs UK (www.pedelecs.co.uk) - Electric Bike Community

Hi everyone,

I run a website in the UK for people interested in electric bikes (bicycles). It started out in 2006 when I was looking to commute to work by bike. However a 20-mile commute, lack of shower facilities and wearing a suit/shirt/tie I decided to research electric bikes to make the ride sweat-free (on the way to work at least!). A few months later and a lack of information/hostility on the internet and the Pedelecs forum was born.

The site originally started out on vBulletin 3 along with a CMS for news, articles etc. We migrated to vB4 when that came along and used the vb4 CMS too along with vbSEO.

With the direction of vBulletin 5 and also the issues with vbSEO we decided to look at an alternative CMS and we outsourced a new site based on WordPress. It seemed like a good idea to look at the forum at the same time and XF seemed to fit the bill, especially as the chaps behind it were the authors of the original vBulletin.

So we've just launched today our new site which we will hope will be a great platform to grow the community.

The forum styling we outsourced to a well-known member on here, Audentio who has done a fantastic job and I can heartily recommend for anyone considering the same!

If you want to take a look, please visit www.pedelecs.co.uk

Thanks for the comments guys! Will forward on feedback.

Dakis - The background image is likely to change at some point as we are looking to allow advertisers to use the background area too.

Top Bottom