XF 1.5 Paypal recurring payments failing to "ping" forum

kontrabass

Hi all! Anyone else having issues with PayPal payment subscriptions for monthly account upgrades being completely ignored by xenforo? I've got a ton of users with a monthly recurring payment going back to 2016 or 2017, and all of a sudden in October their payments are being ignored (don't show up in xenforo transaction log, account is downgraded).

If there's nothing in the payment log, then that very likely means PayPal never actually hit the server. This could potentially be a PayPal issue, but for more details, you need to go look at the IPN logs on PayPal's side (and confirm that IPNs are indeed still enabled). This should tell you whether they tried to reach out and what sort of response they got.

Thanks Mike, I know this falls outside Xenforo's responsibilities, so I'm very appreciative. Thanks for the tip on the IPN log, I didn't know it even existed!

It seems the problem is, after changing the monthly sub's dollar amount more than a year ago, some old sub renewals (at the old dollar amount) are suddenly failing with "Invalid payment amount". But other old subs with the old dollar amount go through just fine. Weird...

For a failed monthly renewal, everything is fine on the PayPal IPN log for the transaction, but on Xenforo it says:

Action:Error: Invalid payment amount
User:Unknown Account<p>Only log entries that involve a successful payment will be attached to a user and user upgrade.</p>Upgrade:Unknown UpgradeDate:Yesterday at 3:02 AM

Top Bottom